Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Good evening all in bloggerland!
I read a post about headboards from A house in the roses and how she was deciding on what kind of headboard to get.  She had great pics of some ideas and so I thought I would do a post showing my new design for the wall above the bed.   I still want to add a shelf and a few more things to the wall but it is so much better than it was.  {The wine glass candles were the only 2 matching ones I could find for now.  lol}
Unfortunately there isn't a wall big enough to center the bed on so mine kinda looks strange next to another curtain but I still like it.



This is a close up of the curtains at the top--just gathered and held with wire and roses strung on the wire.



This is the picture of the idea I based it on (from someone's blog but I don't remember where).  I didn't have money for a new headboard and I knew when I saw this pic. I knew I had some curtains still in the package so I got them out and did what I could to start making it based on the pic here.




Just a couple more pretty ones I found somewhere on the net and I thought I'd throw them in for eye candy!


Have a great night and if you have any ideas for mine to look more complete, please let me know.  I am looking for a way to finish/add more things.

1 comment:

  1. Ok, my Turdy, I went to your Blog and was surprised to see u had done what u done, it is beautiful, so now u know you have another job, everything looks so nice,You ought to go into Decorating for a job. It is beautiful~ Love U

    ReplyDelete